New NOFX record!

For any news related with the skatepunk world, post them here!

Moderator: Smarch Weather

Re: New NOFX record!

Postby Voll » Aug 20th, '12, 20:20

d4rk0n3r0cks wrote:Despite everyone's opinion, I prefer "Wolves" over "Coaster". There is a lot of lame songs on "wolves" but I'm nostalgic to it, it came out in a time of my life where I was partying a lot and there's a lot of memories in it. Also, there is a lot of excellent songs on that one, including one of my personal favorite from NOFX : Leaving Jesusland.

If there was a Cd with all the great songs from "Wolves" ...it would be the best NOFX release in a loooong time, but the lame songs kind of ruin it. I just get tired of regulary skipping every third song or so.
But I understand the thing with memories! I also have certain records that will always have a special meaning to me, even if I know that the music is far from great.
Petitioning the empty sky...

Real quality can only rise on the brink of disaster.
Voll
The mad scientist

Postby ošťa » Aug 20th, '12, 20:21

Yes, Wolves... is good album. I'm not much into Coaster. On Wolves... are some really great songs - Leaving Jesusland or 100 times fuckeder.
ošťa

Postby Xavi » Aug 21st, '12, 00:50

I think "Wolves" is better than "Coaster" too. I actually think it´s a great record, maybe even better than "War On Errorism".
I like the preview of this album. I hope this will be more like the classic Nofx.
Xavi

Postby alanso » Aug 21st, '12, 00:59

What IDIOT thinks Coaster is better than Wolves??! :lol:

Srsly though, Wolves is a good album
http://www.nevernoodz.bandcamp.com - melodic fe/male punk from Ireland
http://www.last.fm/user/diedamnyou - the music i listen to on my laptop..
http://punktual-media.com/ - latest update: Japanese metal band cover Omen by THE PRODIGY
alanso

Postby Voll » Aug 21st, '12, 11:02

alanso wrote:What IDIOT thinks Coaster is better than Wolves??! :lol:

Me!!! ;) ...as I said before: It's the weird mix between good and really crappy songs that just annoys me.
Petitioning the empty sky...

Real quality can only rise on the brink of disaster.
Voll
The mad scientist

Postby ApolloCheese » Aug 21st, '12, 20:44

i always liked nofx and own every of their full-length albums. i think every album has some good songs and a few not so good ones. i listened to the "wolves" album a few days ago and the "wolves" song just blew me away, especially the part where it gets fast after the slow intro...

2 days ago i met a guy who is supporting bands that tour germany. he bought 3 buses for a lot of money and nofx actually used one of those on a tour through germany. the bad thing about it is, that when they gave back the bus it was completely wrecked. the damage was about 18.000€ and he saw not a single cent by nofx. he sued them for the damage but not even the big fat wreck chords label gave him anything. what pisses me off is that in a lot of songs they sing about being nice to others and supporting weak people, for example your wrong (great song btw). but they seem to act just stupid and arrogant.

this made me cancel my preorder for the new self entitled album and i'm going to download it without bad conscience!
here we go again, knowing time's not our best friend. at least we got that moment in stereo.
ken sent me - donation box
ApolloCheese

Postby napalm » Aug 21st, '12, 20:56

Self-entitled sounds like a good album name in that case.

18,000 euros of damage? How do you even do that?
napalm

Postby ApolloCheese » Aug 21st, '12, 21:13

napalm wrote:Self-entitled sounds like a good album name in that case.

i don't know what exactly they did. but they destroyed it on purpose.
here we go again, knowing time's not our best friend. at least we got that moment in stereo.
ken sent me - donation box
ApolloCheese

Postby alanso » Aug 21st, '12, 21:54

It's pretty much common knowledge that Fat Mike is a bit of a dick, he's always going on about how great he/NOFX is. I mean even the song 'You're Wrong' is arrogant and offensive on purpose. I agree with what is being said in the song, just not with the idea of shoving it in peoples faces, which is what he complains religious people do. Just let people do what they want, or sing against religion, not against people. Anyway that's a different rant for a different day.

I'm surprised to hear they thrashed a bus but then again they do seem to do a shitload of drugs...
http://punktual-media.com/ - latest update: Japanese metal band cover Omen by THE PRODIGY
alanso

Postby napalm » Aug 21st, '12, 22:22

Well I can safely say I've never purchased a penny of NOFX merch / tickets / or CDs. :)

I don't listen to bands whose lyrics piss me off at THEM. Punk music is supposed to piss you off at the world. :P
napalm

New NOFX record!

Postby nick83 » Aug 22nd, '12, 00:47

ApolloCheese wrote:
napalm wrote:Self-entitled sounds like a good album name in that case.

i don't know what exactly they did. but they destroyed it on purpose.

Why they did that? Its strange
nick83

Postby star11scream » Aug 24th, '12, 13:57

But there's a thing about new NOFX. They've attracted a lot of people. I mean I've met a lot of people hear in India, listening to NOFX and NUFAN and other stuff.
"Metal is the class know-it-all and Punk is that kid who kicks his bag down the halls and draws cocks on the desks"
-Dave Gourlay
star11scream
Mumbai's Finest

Postby ShotMemory37 » Aug 30th, '12, 20:54

NOFX's Greatest Hits and Wolves are the two albums that opened the door to punk for me. Although I loved the greatest hits leaps and bounds over Wolves, it was still a good album, (especially cause I'm from Minnesota and they wrote a song about The Triple Rock ;) ) but I thought it was better than Coaster. Coaster was quite good, but had a ton of filler, as NOFX usually does. The previews of these new songs sound promising though! Some of the lyrics sound a bit dark and sad though, like She Didn't Lose Her Baby or Cell Out, or I, Fatty sounds like an apology to his daughter, and One Jealous Again, Again sounds like a song about his divorce. At least they're not singing about vaginas or watching a woman pee on the street in between two parked cars. Just S&M. By the way, off topic, who else thinks the second side of 45 or 46 Songs, the short songs side, is fucking awesome? :D
"All the cool kids listen to music I hate, and liking fast, melodic punk music makes me a loser and an outcast to most of the world, and I love it"- Gunnar McGrath, Much The Same

Stay Lucid
ShotMemory37

Postby alanso » Sep 2nd, '12, 07:09

45/46 is probably in my top 3 nofx albums
alanso

Postby doxex » Sep 6th, '12, 18:56

doxex

PreviousNext

Return to - NEWS -