New Straightaway album on the way!

For any news related with the skatepunk world, post them here!

Moderator: Smarch Weather

New Straightaway album on the way!

Postby cradosse » Mar 26th, '12, 14:54

ošťa wrote:Ah, can't wait! They are starting this monday.

Straightaway Facebook wrote:The recording of Last Exit To Nowhere is starting with the drums tracking obviously on monday. We'll give you insights, details, videos and photos on how we're getting the job done! Phil is ready to kill it, Fab and I have layed down all the guitar tracks for him to record. We promise you an EPIC album!

This is their last released song "Failure is A Success". I guess it'll be also on new record.

Original topic:
cradosse

Re: New Straightaway Song !

Postby khet » Mar 27th, '12, 13:29

It's a bit slow.
where you are and where you want to be
khet
skatepunkers.net

Postby khet » Mar 29th, '12, 13:02

Good to read this:

It's been 5 years since Democracy Of Spreading Poverty was released. Here's a new self-recorded demo done in our practice room called Failure Is A Success. This song will appear on our next record Last Exit To Nowhere to be recorded this summer. This song is a bit different than the rest of the album which contains mostly fast songs. Enjoy, spread the word, comment and let us know what you think cuz your feedback matters! Hell of a big thanks to Fab for recording and mixing this song!
where you are and where you want to be
khet
skatepunkers.net

Postby cradosse » Mar 29th, '12, 18:16

This song is a bit different than the rest of the album which contains mostly fast songs.

Fast or slow, hope they're all good :)
cradosse

Postby Powdercake » Mar 29th, '12, 19:38

Slower than I was hoping for but the description of the album makes me excited! :D

Still a good song, nonetheless.
Powdercake

Postby Lotfi » Mar 29th, '12, 23:10

You my friends have not to worry at all about the new songs as they're fast. We decided to go for this song as it's slower than what we usually do but it doesn't mean we've slowed down. I think actually the songs on the new record are faster than on Democracy Of Spreading Poverty. Also this is a demo version and Failure Is A Success will probably be a bit faster on the record :)
Lotfi

Postby nick83 » Mar 29th, '12, 23:52

Lotfi wrote:You my friends have not to worry at all about the new songs as they're fast. We decided to go for this song as it's slower than what we usually do but it doesn't mean we've slowed down. I think actually the songs on the new record are faster than on Democracy Of Spreading Poverty. Also this is a demo version and Failure Is A Success will probably be a bit faster on the record :)

Nice to meet you! I love your band and I have a little question. Why do you put a slow song when we all know that the songs we all like are fast ones? Just because it's slow? I dont understand the advantage of doing this. That's why I'm asking!!
nick83

Postby d4rk0n3r0cks » Mar 30th, '12, 00:08

Glad to hear it's going to be fast!
Do you think it's going to be out this summer? and it's going to be a full lenght? :D
d4rk0n3r0cks

Postby Lotfi » Mar 30th, '12, 00:24

Hey Nick, nice to meet you too and thanks for the nice words! I dont think this song is slow. It's just slower than the stuff we usually play. We actually love playing that song and think it's cool to post something different as we've played nothing but fast songs for 13 years. It doesn't mean we're sick of fast songs as the whole record is. So far the feebacks we got on the song are great. People on here love mostly fast stuff but noy everybody needs a song to be fast to enjoy it. I love Face To Face, Bodyjar, Strung Out for example and they have slower songs so why wouldn't we have also the opportunity to do that too? Please note this is a demo and for the release of the album we'll probably post something more representative of the whole record. I hope I answered your question :)
Lotfi

Postby Lotfi » Mar 30th, '12, 00:37

d4rk0n3r0cks wrote:Glad to hear it's going to be fast!
Do you think it's going to be out this summer? and it's going to be a full lenght? :D

Hey man, we'll actually record the album this summer, what we posted is just something we recorded ourselves in our practice room. Expect a release this fall. It'll be a full length, definitely! Being stuck with line-up issues, we wrote a shitload of songs, for sure enough to make two records. There should be 12 to 14 tracks and only a couple are mid tempo, the rest is fast!
Lotfi

Postby nick83 » Mar 30th, '12, 00:37

Lotfi wrote:Hey Nick, nice to meet you too and thanks for the nice words! I dont think this song is slow. It's just slower than the stuff we usually play. We actually love playing that song and think it's cool to post something different as we've played nothing but fast songs for 13 years. It doesn't mean we're sick of fast songs as the whole record is. So far the feebacks we got on the song are great. People on here love mostly fast stuff but noy everybody needs a song to be fast to enjoy it. I love Face To Face, Bodyjar, Strung Out for example and they have slower songs so why wouldn't we have also the opportunity to do that too? Please note this is a demo and for the release of the album we'll probably post something more representative of the whole record. I hope I answered your question :)

Yes, you answer me perfectly. I understand your point and I'm looking forward to the record! ;)
nick83

Postby Bburn » Mar 30th, '12, 02:01

hi lotfi, its been a while we haven't talk together.
the song is good but i have to say that the drummer is far to be good as digo....it's the only bad things i have to say. can't wait to hear the whole album!
Bburn
The fabulous crabman

Postby Lotfi » Mar 30th, '12, 02:29

Hey Bruno, good to hear from you again. I'd have to say you're very wrong about Phil being not as good as Digo. I've always loved Digo's way of playing and him not being in the band anymore won't change that. Phil ain't a punk rock drummer per say like Digo but is technically way superior to Digo in his drum skills and ability to play a wide range of styles. We couldn't be any happier to have Phil as a replacement and his drums parts are very challenging on the new songs. So I have to disagree with you... People who saw him live found him great! :)
Lotfi

Postby Bburn » Mar 30th, '12, 02:41

you are probably right but after hearing that song, for my part, i didn't hear something that make him better than any other drummer in this genre....hope the other song gonna make me change my opinion... i hope this song is not his most technical song...oh and i'm always waiting to see you live someday
Bburn
The fabulous crabman

Postby Lotfi » Mar 30th, '12, 03:08

This is a subjective thing, I played with Digo for 12 years and the first time I heard Phil playing our songs I had a hard time believing it was someone else. The old songs sound exactly the same, go on youtube and check out our song Democracy Of Spreading Poverty live in Bordeaux. Phil took over the drums duty staying close to Digo's style with his own groove and touch. I guess listening to the album will make you change your mind hopefully ;)
Lotfi

Next

Return to - NEWS -