New Pennywise song "All or Nothing" new album "All or Nothing" coming May 1st

For any news related with the skatepunk world, post them here!

Moderator: Smarch Weather

New Pennywise song "All or Nothing" new album "All or Nothing" coming May 1st

Postby Sickr » Mar 7th, '12, 18:06

http://kroq.radio.com/2012/03/07/exclusive-pennywise-premieres-all-or-nothing-title-track-from-forthcoming-album/

Track List

All or Nothing – 2:29
Waste Another Day – 2:22
Revolution – 3:25
Stand Strong – 3:10
Let Us Hear Your Voice – 3:43
Seeing Red – 2:54
Songs of Sorrow – 3:35
X Generation – 3:15
We Have It All – 2:59
Tomorrow – 3:17
All Along – 3:09
United – 2:49
Sickr

Re: New Pennywise song "All or Nothing" new album "All or Nothing" coming May 1st

Postby disconnectdisconnect » Mar 7th, '12, 18:58

Who is the singer these days?
disconnectdisconnect

Re: New Pennywise song "All or Nothing" new album "All or Nothing" coming May 1st

Postby khet » Mar 7th, '12, 18:59

disconnectdisconnect wrote:Who is the singer these days?

Zoli.

The new song is great!
where you are and where you want to be
khet
skatepunkers.net

Postby Voll » Mar 7th, '12, 19:08

I don't like it ...sounds like a bad mix of Pennywise and Ignite :( I was hoping they had finally found a new singer and Zoli would record another album with Ignite (it's about time!!!). Without Jim's voice Pennywise is just an average band!!!!
Petitioning the empty sky...

Real quality can only rise on the brink of disaster.
Voll
The mad scientist

Postby disconnectdisconnect » Mar 7th, '12, 19:11

khet wrote:
disconnectdisconnect wrote:Who is the singer these days?

Zoli.

The new song is great!

Cool. Havent listened to this yet, last I heard I thought Zoli had left and they had someone else in touring with them? What happened there?
disconnectdisconnect

Postby khet » Mar 7th, '12, 19:31

Voll wrote:I don't like it ...sounds like a bad mix of Pennywise and Ignite :( I was hoping they had finally found a new singer and Zoli would record another album with Ignite (it's about time!!!). Without Jim's voice Pennywise is just an average band!!!!

Really? As I said on the skatepunkers facebook, when Jim left the band, Pennywise was dead for me as I thought that Jim was half Pennywise (he's indeed), so I wasnt expecting so much greatness with Zoli. But I liked it a lot!
khet
skatepunkers.net

Postby cradosse » Mar 7th, '12, 20:26

That's one nice song they put out.

Sounds like they're gonna put out a second "Reason To Believe", maybe the Zoli effect will make it better ?
cradosse

Postby Voll » Mar 7th, '12, 20:48

khet wrote:
Voll wrote:I don't like it ...sounds like a bad mix of Pennywise and Ignite :( I was hoping they had finally found a new singer and Zoli would record another album with Ignite (it's about time!!!). Without Jim's voice Pennywise is just an average band!!!!

Really? As I said on the skatepunkers facebook, when Jim left the band, Pennywise was dead for me as I thought that Jim was half Pennywise (he's indeed), so I wasnt expecting so much greatness with Zoli. But I liked it a lot!

the thing is:
what made Pennywise stand out from other bands of the genre?
the music/the sound? ...not really, there are enough bands in the genre that practically sound the same, especially since Pennywise became somewhat famous and a lot of bands have copied their style.
the lyrics? ...i don't think so either, the lyrics are far from being outstanding and i already had the feeling they were repeating themselves too often over the years.
the voice? ...YES, Jim's vocals made Pennywise what they are today and made them stand out from all the rest. It's basically the same with Ignite and Zoli.

what i'm trying to say is that it's good melodic hardcore/skate punk but it's not like i'm begging for more after this track ...in fact it puts me in the mood to play some old Pennywise records again.
if i was those guys i would have given the band a new name...

Voll
The mad scientist

Postby khet » Mar 7th, '12, 20:57

I totally understand you. It's goot punkrock but lost the entire vocal Pennywise roots with the change of the singer (obvious).
khet
skatepunkers.net

Postby Voll » Mar 8th, '12, 00:33

khet wrote:I totally understand you. It's goot punkrock but lost the entire vocal Pennywise roots with the change of the singer (obvious).

the main problem might be that they kept the name ...i probably wouldn't criticize them that much if they had changed the name. might sound stupid or superficial but i just can't help myself *shrugs*

Voll
The mad scientist

Postby ShotMemory37 » Mar 8th, '12, 01:20

I can hear the power of a Pennywise song in this one! Sure there's no Jim, but the sound and Fletcher's guitar work is still spot on! Zoli does a good job and takes Jim's place pretty well, but Pennywise will still never be the same. Like I said on youtube, I like to pretend to hear Jim's voice in the song rather that Zoli's
"All the cool kids listen to music I hate, and liking fast, melodic punk music makes me a loser and an outcast to most of the world, and I love it"- Gunnar McGrath, Much The Same

Stay Lucid
ShotMemory37

Postby d4rk0n3r0cks » Mar 8th, '12, 01:29

Voll wrote:
khet wrote:I totally understand you. It's goot punkrock but lost the entire vocal Pennywise roots with the change of the singer (obvious).

the main problem might be that they kept the name ...i probably wouldn't criticize them that much if they had changed the name. might sound stupid or superficial but i just can't help myself *shrugs*

I understand what you mean! I have the feeling they kept the name only for the recognition it is having...! So then they don't have to put a big sticker written "EX-Pennywise" on every cd :P
d4rk0n3r0cks

Postby Voll » Mar 8th, '12, 01:43

ShotMemory37 wrote:I like to pretend to hear Jim's voice in the song rather that Zoli's

THIS IS THE POINT ...thanks you just described with a few words what i couldn't explain :)

Voll
The mad scientist

Postby DonLombardo » Mar 8th, '12, 09:57

youtube's down :(
"Look at your life, cause I am sorry but that is it. And you think you're better off this way. But I think it's sad that you can't see. And you think it's better off this way but when the pleasure fades one day, where will you turn and where will you run? When it's all through and there's no more fun will there be time to turn it around? When you look up and ask Him will you be too late or be found?"

Broken Cedars - After Burners
DonLombardo

Postby Fasterdays » Mar 8th, '12, 19:36

I really liked it!
Of course I miss Jim's voice, but I also admit Zoli is doing a good job, I think it's a matter of "moving on"
and the greatest part is that the record is coming out on my birthday! :D
And all the things that you have done, they don't mean shit if you don't die young!
Fasterdays

Next

Return to - NEWS -