Vladimir Tarasenko Jersey

For any news related with the skatepunk world, post them here!

Moderator: Smarch Weather

Vladimir Tarasenko Jersey

Postby huangjian123 » Jan 11th, '19, 07:56

ANAHEIM Vladimir Tarasenko Jersey , Calif. (AP) Although the San Jose Sharks and the Anaheim Ducks both have been regular Stanley Cup playoff participants for the past 15 years, the California rivals somehow met in the postseason only once before this week.That first-round series in 2009 provided valuable lessons to the veterans remaining in both dressing rooms. The eighth-seeded Ducks eliminated the top-seeded Sharks in six tempestuous games culminating in the Ducks’ clinching home victory, which began with Ryan Getzlaf and Joe Thornton dropping the gloves on the opening faceoff.Getzlaf, Corey Perry and Francois Beauchemin are still around in Anaheim, while Thornton, Marc-Edouard Vlasic and Joe Pavelski are still in teal. When they drop the puck on another first-round meeting Thursday night at Honda Center, the veterans from both clubs will keep in mind what they’ve learned from many years of the playoff grind.”We would have liked to probably handle that series a little better,” recalled Pavelski, now the Sharks’ captain. ”We were great in the regular season. Just never really got it going. This group understands we want to get off to a good start. If you get that first goal under your belt and play with the lead, more often than not it puts that other team under a little bit of pressure.”Much has changed for both teams in the ensuing nine years, but this rivalry hasn’t cooled much. Getzlaf and Perry are still seeking their first Stanley Cup since 2007, while the Sharks are still waiting to raise it for the first time.The 38-year-old Thornton is still in teal Alex Killorn Jersey Kids , but his right knee injury seems likely to keep him out for the first round. Anaheim has its own injury woes headlined by the shoulder problem of top defenseman Cam Fowler, who is expected to miss the series.Here are more things to watch in the eighth playoff series between California teams in NHL history:OPPOSITE DIRECTIONS?: The series opens in Orange County because of a tremendous late-season surge by the Ducks, who won their final five games to slide in front of San Jose for second place in the Pacific Division. Anaheim overcame its early-season injury problems and the late-season absence of goalie John Gibson to finish with 101 points to San Jose’s 100. The Sharks lost five of their final six regular-season games and gave away home-ice advantage on the final day of the regular season. Home ice typically doesn’t mean much in the postseason, but the Ducks have lost in regulation at Honda Center just once in 17 games since Jan. 23.KANE’S CHANCE: Evander Kane provided a big spark for San Jose after being acquired from Buffalo at the trade deadline with nine goals and five assists in 17 games. Kane’s reward for his strong play is his first trip to the playoffs nine seasons into his career. Kane never got a shot at the postseason with Atlanta, Winnipeg or Buffalo, but believes his style of play is conducive to this time of year.”I’ve said it in the past: I think I’m a playoff player,” he said. ”I’ve watched the playoffs and when I look at the style of play and it’s something I was jealous because I wasn’t involved in it. Now I get that opportunity and I have to back those words up.”SCORING D: Sharks coach Peter DeBoer has put a priority on getting offense from their defense and it paid off this season with San Jose ranking third in the NHL with 199 points from the blue line. The offense didn’t just come from last year’s Norris Trophy winner Brent Burns, with a team record five defensemen in all scoring at least 20 points, including a career-high 33 points from Justin Braun and a career-best 11 goals from Vlasic.”I don’t know what it is. He’s been preaching it for a few years but this year I think we really took hold of it a little bit more,” Braun said.SPECIAL TEAMS: The Sharks power-play has been a bit of a roller coaster this season. San Jose converted just 14.5 percent of its chances with the man advantage over the first 18 games before things started to click. The Sharks scored on 28.9 percent of their chances over the next 29 games before falling back into a rut after Thornton injured his knee. The power play slumped late in the year, converting at a rate of 16.5 percent over the last 35 games. The penalty kill was much more consistent, ranking second in the league at 84.8 percent for the season.—AP Sports Writer Josh Dubow in San Jose contributed to this report.— COLUMBUS Andrei Vasilevskiy Jersey , Ohio (AP) Seth Jones was in the right place to sweep in a beautiful feed from Pierre-Luc Dubois 59 seconds into overtime to win a game the Columbus Blue Jackets nearly let slip away in the third period.Dubois, the Blue Jackets’ 19-year-old rookie, danced through the slot and into the left circle before sliding the puck back past Colorado’s Tyson Barrie and onto Jones’ stick. The goal lifted Columbus past the Avalanche 5-4 on Thursday night and allowed the Blue Jackets to hang on to the second Eastern Division wild-card spot, one point behind New Jersey and four behind Philadelphia.”We wanted to make it a little interesting,” Jones quipped.Colorado tied the game with from Gabriel Landeskog and Carl Soderberg in the third period before Columbus tallied on its first possession of the 3-on-3 OT. Joonas Korpisalo stopped two Colorado shots before the Blue Jackets charged back.Korpisalo had 23 total saves to get his second win in three days subbing for sick starter Sergei Bobrovsky.Jones added two assists, and Thomas Vanek got his first two goals for Columbus after being acquired from Vancouver at the trade deadline Feb. 26. Zach Werenski also tallied for the Blue Jackets.Columbus had to rally from a two-goal deficit in the first period when Barrie and Soderberg scored in a span of 12 seconds. The Blue Jackets scored four straight, including Vanek’s pair of second-period goals, to take a 4-2 lead before Colorado evened it in the third frame.”Being down 2-0 at that point in time the way we were playing, we didn’t deserve it,” Columbus coach John Tortorella said. ”I thought we played a good game right on through. We clawed to win it, we had to go to overtime to win it, but I thought we played a good game right on through http://www.officiallightningprostore.com/authentic-adidas-anton-stralman-jersey , right from the drop of the puck.”Semyon Varlamov had 39 saves for Colorado, which lost its third straight. Soderberg had two goals , and Mikko Rantanen a pair of assists. The Avalanche has lost three in a row as they try to stay on the fringes of the Western Conference wild-card playoff picture.”We found a way to carve a point, but we need to get some more pucks in traffic to the net,” Colorado coach Jared Bednar said. ”We’ll take the point. I don’t think we deserve the point tonight. We certainly have to be better than that.”Columbus, winners of five of their last seven, will try to keep up the momentum Friday night when the Detroit Redwings visit in the third game of a four-game homestand. They’re surging at the right time, with 14 games remaining.”We feel good about ourselves right now,” Jones said. ”It’s the home stretch here.”NOTES: Werenski has three goals and two assists in the last five games. … Dubois has five points in the last two games. … Colorado F Sven Andrighetto returned after missing 28 games due to injury. … Barrie has three goals and four assists in the last five games. … D Mark Alt, D Colin Wilson and F Nail Yakupov were scratched by Colorado. … Scratches for Columbus included defensemen Taylor Chorney and Scott Harrington, and forwards Markus Hannikainen and Lukas Sedlak.NEXT UPColorado: Plays at Arizona on Friday.Columbus: Hosts Detroit on Friday.—Follow Mitch Stacy at http://twitter.com/mitchstacy
huangjian123

Return to - NEWS -